This Hands-On 5-day (or 4-day 10 hrs. per day) course will train-the-trainer and a group of participants how to safely and effectively ascend and descend wooden poles using pole climbing Gaffs, Hooks, Belts, BuckSqueeze Safety, Fall Arrest Systems and associated Equipment and Ladders...
The pole climbing technique that will be taught is the "3-point contact method.
How to circle, and move to perform tasks on the pole will also be covered. Students will learn how to use ladders on the pole and at mid-span using the appropriate ladder securing equipment. The participants will complete exercises using construction tools and equipment.
If Company permits, ( which is recommended and mandatory for BTS Certification )
A Live Video will be taken of each student at the 6, 12, and 18-foot heights. This will ensure that the attendees are using proper techniques, safety parameters and effectively ascending and descending wooden poles using pole climbing gaffs and associated equipment.
A master copy of this video will be filled at BTS headquarters. BTS, as an added benefit, will issue a Username and Password to access the completion videos on our BTS secured video server. This provides easy access to every video for student company evaluations, company reviews and any legality issues where this video may be required. PROOF IS PROTECTON !
All SAFETY practices will be covered and must be followed during the training exercise. Note This course is physically demanding. Students must earn at least 70 of the competency points to become certified in this course.
Train-The-Trainer Will include the following
1. The instructor candidates (climbing experience is required) will attend the first 2 days of the course that consists of two parts
A) First 2 days covering the course materials and how to deliver the training.
B) 2-3 days of co-teaching. In other words, the instructors will co-teach a live course of students.
2. Instructor Delivery-Course-Agenda Will receive a detailed course description with timelines and benchmarks for the delivery format of this course.
3. Course Manual Will receive a hardcopy and digital .pdf copy of the training course manual with unlimited use license.
4. A list of required equipment needed and facility layout for a successful training program.
5. Instructions for the Video Tapping Procedures (if required)
Students Will Learn: