This Hands-On 3-day course will train-the-trainer and a group of participants how to safely and effectively ascend and descend wooden poles using pole climbing Gaffs, Hooks, Belts, BuckSqueeze, SuperSqueeze and the EasySqueeze Safety, Fall Arrest Systems and associated Equipment and Ladders...
The pole climbing technique that will be taught is the "3-point contact method.
How to circle, and move to perform tasks on the pole will also be covered. Students will learn how to use ladders on the pole and at mid-span using the appropriate ladder securing equipment. The participants will complete exercises using construction tools and equipment.
If Company permits, ( which is recommended)
A Live Video will be taken of each student at the 6, 12, and 18-foot heights. This will ensure that the attendees are using proper techniques, safety parameters and effectively ascending and descending wooden poles using pole climbing gaffs and associated equipment.
All SAFETY practices will be covered and must be followed during the training exercise. Note This course is physically demanding. Students must earn at least 70 of the competency points to become certified in this course.
Train-The-Trainer Will include the following
1. The instructor candidates (climbing experience is required) will attend the first day of the course that consists of two parts
A) First day covering the course materials and how to deliver the training.
B) 2-3 days of co-teaching. In other words, the instructors will co-teach a live course of students.
2. Instructor Delivery-Course-Agenda Will receive a detailed course description with timelines and benchmarks for the delivery format of this course.
3. Course Manual Will receive a hardcopy of our course manual for study and reference to use with your company personnel only.
4. A list of required equipment needed and facility layout for a successful training program.
5. Instructions for the Video Tapping Procedures (if required)
Students Will Learn: