This extensive 2-day "Live" Instructor-Led (On-Site or Virtual) course is designed for Central Office Technicians or others with the responsibility for the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of Central Office power equipment. The course provides a well rounded basic study of Central Office power that most technicians work with on in their regular duties. Theory is effectively combined with a practical hands-on approach that enhances the students' learning experience.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will have a solid foundation in how all CO power systems are interconnected, safety around those systems, how to locate key type of equipment, and perform both routine and as needed maintenance and troubleshooting.
- DC Rectifiers, Battery chemistries and their maintenance, DC Power Boards
- DC Inverters
- Ground Return Paths - within the CO and to the outside commercial power network
- Dangers including high-amperage paths, open grounds, lead reversals, etc.
- Breaker, Fuse, and Disconnect panels and their locations
- Interconnections to the commercial AC network including the transfer switch and generators
- Types of Test Equipment
- Testing for low or high voltages, ripple current, regulation
- Telcordia (formerly Bell-Core) best practices, plus common regulatory agencies
- And much more, including topics of particular interest to students.
Students Will Learn: